Thursday, October 11, 2007

Movin' my way up on the TOTEM pole

So I was talking to Kari on the phone today and we were discussing who was the favorite and reasons why we are not the favorite, and I got to thinking....I am definitely moving my way up on the list, and here's why:

Dad likes me because
1. I am majoring in accounting
2. I haven't crashed a car in over two years
3. My one and only guess for PHD was "perfect husband and dad"

Mom likes me because
1. I don't live at home anymore, so she doesn't have to worry about me ditching school and requesting that she lie for me to cover it up
2. I've grown out of the "toilet papering Cortlin Roper" stage (or have I??)
3. She's gotten over the fact that I dye my hair
Although I am still not the golden child, I'm just sayin....Tim you better watch out. hahahaha

I do have to say that I am the only one who gets to take pictures of just myself and one of the parentals:




I know you are all jealous.

And real quickly, I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mom! You are the best mom in the world. I love you and miss you so much. I hope you have a great day!!!

Trent, Carin, Janna, and Stone Happy Birthday to all of you too!!!

12 comments:

Kari said...

Mom, you should feel honored that Sara blogged just for you. Sara, I love all of your reasons that you are moving up on the "favorite" list. It cracked me up. You've definitely passed me on the list. But that wasn't hard to do.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

You are so funny, you make me laugh! I am really glad that you updated your blog. You look so cute in all the pictures, you have great style! Well it was fun to see you last week, hope to see you more often. Good luck with school! Have a great weekend!

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

I guess I need to dedicate a post to Wayne and why I'm the favorite son-in-law because I get to drive Lex when I'm in town, even on Tim's wedding day. Boo-ya.

tothe4thfloor said...

All I have to say is that I am sure glad I married the favorite because my life would be as miserable as everyone else. Plus, I am the favorite daughter-in-law so my life is looking really good right now.
Too bad I am on the absolute bottom of the todem pole on my side of the family. And I mean the bottom! Like lower than the dirt and the scum ON the bottom of the todem pole.

Unknown said...

I like all your reasons for moving up the totem pole. At least I haven't had to talk to Mr. Harrington for awhile, or Mr. Roberts either. I think all of you are at the top of my totem pole. Is there enough room up there? Thanks for making my birthday a good one. XOXO

Carin said...

Sara, you definitely are on the top with Tim. It must be an accounting thing. Maybe I need to go back to school.

Carin said...

Sara:

I todally agree about the todem pole. Todally,

Drent DArner

OXOX

Janna said...

Well, I am not the favorite because since I have been married I have never lived in California. And I think that is a requirement.

s.calder said...

Sara, you are movin on up with the P's...I am so proud!

tothe4thfloor said...

Sara! You have been tagged by me! Check out my blog for more info!

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Sara,

I think you are moving your way DOWN the totem pole after not posting on your blog for 2 months. MODED

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Hey I just wanted to let you know that Mindi and Danny started a blog! thewestenskows.blogspot.com! Merry Christmas!